Ayurvedic Herbal Preparations
A six-part self-guided online course.
This course will introduce you to 20 of the most important Ayurvedic Herbs and how to prepare basic herbal formulas, tinctures, medicinal oils and medicated ghees. This course is designed to build upon the knowledge learned in Ayurvedic Home Remedies – Basic.
You will learn:
- 20 of the most important Ayurvedic herbs
- Basics of Formulation Making – Guidelines to proper combinations based upon taste, potency, quality and their use for common diseases
- How to make hot and cold herbal infusions
- Introduction to Aromatherapy
- Essential oil combinations for Vata, Pitta, Kapha and common imbalances
- How to make tinctures
- How to make Herbal Massage Oils (eg. Bala Ashvagandha oil)
- How to make Herbal Ghee (eg. Brahmi ghee/Triphala Ghee)
- How to make Herbal Wines
- Classical Ayurvedic Formulas
- 6 video & audio lectures (90 min each)
- 6 Power Point presentations
- Online Handouts
- NAMA PACE credits: 18 AHC & 38 AP/AD
- Certificate of Completion
Dr. Manisha Kshirsagar, BAMS, LMT, DYA (India)
Dr. Manisha is an accomplished Ayurvedic Physician and is teaching and practicing ayurvedic medicine in the west for over two decades. She is a Certified Yoga Teacher, Licensed Esthetician and specializes in Clinical Nutrition. She offers regular workshops on Ayurvedic Cooking, Skin & Beauty, Panchakarma therapies and Ayurvedic Herbology.
She is an assistant professor at Maharishi University and a faculty at various Ayurvedic Schools. She is the author of the award winning book ,Ayurveda: A Quick Reference handbook. She is the Co-Director at Ayurvedic Healing, an Integrative Wellness Clinic in Santa Cruz, California.
Dr. Suhas Kshirsagar, BAMS, MD (Ayu. India)
As a sought-after speaker and lecturer, he also travels throughout the world teaching courses in Ayurveda, training doctors, and providing Ayurvedic consultations for thousands of patients.
Three payment options:
• 1 payment of $700, plus $100 registration fee (total $800)
• 2 payments of $400, plus $100 registration fee (total $900)
• 3 payments of $300, plus $100 registration fee (total $1,000)