Vitality through Ayurveda
Om Saha Nau- Avatu |
Om Saha Nau Bhunaktu |
Saha Viryam Karava Vahaai |
Tejasvi Nau-Adhitam- Astu Maa Vidvissavahai |
Om Shanti Shanti Shantih ||….. Upanishads
‘Let us be together,
Let us eat together,
Let us be vital together,
Let us be radiating truth, radiating the light of life.
Never shall we denounce anyone, never entertain negativity.’
Ayurveda is consciousness based science for health and healing and it simply states that in order for you to feel good and healthy you should be surrounded by positive vibrations. Anyone who is spiritually engaged is fully capable of radiating vitality. From an Ayurvedic point of view, “Health is simply a byproduct of Enlightenment”.
I firmly believe that our mental and emotional state influence our physical well being. There is a lot of scientific evidence that each and every thought, feeling and sensory experience is accompanied by corresponding and instantaneous changes in brains neuro-chemistry as well as rest of the physiology. So here are some Ayurvedic tips to reconnect yourself with your Vital Self.
- Cultivate a Positive attitude: You cannot choose your experiences in your everyday life, whether it is a traffic jam or a rainbow. But, you can always cultivate an attitude of looking at the brighter side of things and not ingest the toxicity of any experience. It will make you a Sattvik person who is kind, forgiving and resilient to good and bad times.
- Align yourself with Nature: Natural biorhythms are constantly affecting our mind and body. Our conscious efforts to follow daily routine and seasonal routine will help us prevent any imbalance. Mother Nature is a true reservoir of Energy, and there is no reason for us to feel tired and fatigued. Connecting with vibrant elements of Nature dispels depression and fills our life with hope, joy and abundant positive energy.
- Sensory Regulation: Don’t let your senses take you for a wild ride. According to Ayurveda Sensory overuses and abuse is the first stage to create any imbalance and disease. It weakens your Mind and makes you prone of recurring Mistakes of Intellect (pragya-aparadha). Regulating sensory cravings will create a Stable Intellect, which is most important for making life-nourishing decisions. A daily practice of Meditation will help you achieve the rather effortlessly.
- Detoxify: Get the Ama out. We are like a colorful tapestry woven together of our environment and our senses, along with our body, mind and spirit. As a human being we are a network of energy and information in another vast ocean of energy and information. Keeping the bodies clean is the first step towards feeling Vital and energetic.
- Keep all the Moving parts Moving: Transformation and Change is constant in the body. Physical exercise and movement will improve circulation aid in detoxification and will cultivate a feeling of lightness and stability. The medical research says, “Aging Heart leads to an aging Brain”. Daily exercise alone is one of the most powerful Anti Aging activities that connect your heart and brain.
- Nourish yourself with Good Food: Eat foods that are filled with Prana, Chi, Mana or life energy. Foods that are made in and made by Mother Nature. Foods those are clean, non-GMO and organic. We never overeat true natural foods and they are abundant in nutritional elements that are fully bio available.
- Rasayana: Favor Rejuvenating foods, herbs and herbal food supplement. Herbs like Amalaki, Ashwagandha, Shatavari and Bramhi have a powerful effect on our body and mind together.
Ayurveda is a philosophy of life and it teaches us how to maintain balance amidst change. Vitality is often co related with Ojas, which is the collective essence of all the seven tissues and is responsible for radiant health. Respecting our Agni(digestive fires), building ojas and cultivating a spiritual outlook are the keys for a Vital Life.
Dr. Suhas Kshirsagar is an internationally recognized leader in the ancient science of Ayurvedic Medicine, which emphasizes a comprehensive, whole-body approach to health.
He is an acclaimed motivational speaker, experienced Clinician, researcher & an insightful Medical Astrologer, who adds tremendous value to his clients and students alike.
He is currently the Director of “Ayurvedic Healing” an Integrative Wellness Clinic in Santa Cruz, California. www.AyurvedicHealing.Net